“With great power comes great responsibility.” Now we know it doesn’t only apply to superheroes, but also eCommerce store owners. The more your business grows, the busier you are.
There are simply too many tasks to handle when you run an online business. Fulfilling orders, answering questions, tracking profit and costs, keeping your store in perfect conditions, and the list goes on.
As tedious yet time-consuming tasks blend with impactful ones, soon you’ll find yourself spending more time fulfilling orders than making strategies.
Don’t let this loop ruin your work-life balance. Luckily, there are already some fantastic Shopify automation apps to help you out.
1. Profit & loss tracking app
If you’re among the business owner-slash-accountants who spend countless time on calculating costs and profit every month, stop it. An eCommerce business deserves a smarter solution. And so do you.
TrueProfit is the financial app every Shopify store owner should have, in order to track real-time profit. It helps you manage all COGS, shipping cost, transaction fees, ad spend, etc. In short, you get a real picture of your business’s financial health.
Furthermore, you could see the product margins of every product; whether a product is truly profitable once other expenses are involved (eg., ads).
Only one-time setup and the app will automatically tackle the hard work for you.
2. Dropshipping apps
Since dropshipping saves you the hassle of manufacturing, storing and shipping products, essentially you need at least one Shopify automation app to automate sourcing products and fulfilling orders.
What can these tools offer?
- Automated product import: No need to manually add products from AliExpress to your store. You can import any product on AliExpress, along with all images, specifications and variants.
- Automated order fulfilment: No more wasted time filling customer information for every order. With either tool, you can place order on AliExpress in just a few clicks.
- Tracking orders: Keep track of every package you’ve sent out and provide customers with up-to-date tracking information when asked.
Both Oberlo and Dropified apps automate the entire dropshipping business model for you. Each comes at different price and offers its own special functions.
3. Abandoned cart recovery apps
You’ve spent lots of money gaining traffic to your store, don’t let it go down the drain!
SalesCycle reported that approximately 75.6% of carts were abandoned in 2018. This means you could make much more sales if you successfully recover those lost orders.
Many Shopify app will help you send tailored messages once a visitors left their cart without paying. Initially you need to set up an automated flow and design the template. Then it’ll run automatically.
You may have heard about cart abandonment emails, but don’t miss out other effective channels like Facebook messenger, push, SMS.
Our recommended Shopify automation apps for abandoned cart recovery:
- Emails: SmartrMail Email Marketing
- Push messages: PushOwl Web Push Notifications
- Facebook Messenger: Facebook Messenger Marketing
- All-in-one: Omnisend
4. Product recommendation app
If you’re looking to increase your store’s Average order value, don’t neglect to implement product recommendation, upselling and cross selling.
But doesn’t it take time to constantly go back and forth to adjust those recommendations over time? Personalizer by LimeSpot is a great Shopify app to help you automate this process.
This app uses AI to learn from your customer purchase behaviors and industry insights, thus personalizing its recommendations to each customers. It can also be used to cross sell products that are frequently brought together, and upsell after purchase.
5. Chatbot app
If you’re handling customer’s queries, you should’ve realized by now that 60% of the questions were actually repeated and similar to one another. Let chatbots deal with those frequently asked questions. First, it’ll free your time. But more importantly, an instant answer can turn a lost sale into a successful one.
Tidio Live Chat is currently the most prominent Shopify app for automated live chat.
Tidio’s bots will check product availability, inform about delivery status, and give the estimated delivery time.
What else can they offer? Use it to recover abandoned carts, send targeted discounts, reengage visitors who want to leave your site, or highlight a particular product. So many possibilities for you to explore.
Know other awesome Shopify automation apps?
Let us know in the comments below. We’ll review them frequently and will keep this article up to date.
- [Infographic] Customer Reviews: Major 2019 statistics and What they mean to your business.
- Proven Shopify automation apps to optimize your business
- 12 Pricing Strategies Every eCommerce Business Owner Should Have Known
- Boost Your eCommerce Profit: 6 Tactics to Increase Average Order Value (AOV)
- 4 key eCommerce metrics every Business owner should track